Knowledge is Power—Share it! Become a Tutor!
Tutoring Services is looking for students who:
- Are professional, patient, and personable
- Are currently enrolled KU students carrying six credit hours or more
- Have a strong desire and enthusiasm to help students learn
- Earned a B or higher in the course selected to tutor (or in a higher level course in the same discipline)
- Are able to commit to 3.0 hours per week, per group, for an entire semester
To Apply to be a Tutor:
Complete and submit the following application materials:
1. Online Application
The online job application can be found on the KU Jobs for Students page. Search by keyword "AAAC Tutor" and then select "AAAC Spring Tutor - Student Hourly/Work Study POOL." The position number is 13178BR. Read the job description and click on the textbox "Apply to job." Login with your ID and password. Then, complete and submit your application materials online.
2. Faculty/Instructor Reference Form
Applicants must have two completed reference forms on file sent from KU Faculty/Instructors. Download the Faculty/Instructor Reference Form (pdf).
Once you have downloaded the form, send the form as an e-mail attachment to the Faculty/Instructors who have agreed to serve as references for you. Instructions for reference writers are printed near the top of the form.