Note that tutor groups will be held online via Zoom video chat for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester due to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. Please consider such when applying.
Tutoring Services is looking for students who:
- Are professional, patient, and personable
- Are currently enrolled KU students carrying six credit hours or more
- Have a strong desire and enthusiasm to help students learn
- Scored a B or higher in the course selected to tutor (or in a higher level course in the same discipline)
- Are able to commit to AT LEAST 3.0 hours per week, per group, for an entire semester
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Have internet access and be able to participate in the tutor group meetings remotely via Zoom video chat
How To Apply
To Apply to be a Tutor:
Complete and submit the following application materials:
1. Online Application
The online job application can be found on the KU Jobs for Students page. Search by keyword "AAAC Tutor". Read the job description and click on the textbox "Apply to job." Login with your ID and password. Then, complete and submit your application materials online.
Students must submit a resume, cover letter, and responses to the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a AAAC Tutor?
- Are you currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours this semester or pre-enrolled in 6 credit hours for the upcoming semester?
- Are you eligible for the Federal Work Study Program?
- What is your current academic major?
- What courses (or in what disciplines) would you like to tutor?
- Did you earn a B or higher in the course(s) that you would like to tutor, or in higher-level coursework in the same discipline?
- How did you hear about AAAC Tutoring Services?
- What is your work availability?
2. Faculty/Instructor Reference Form
Applicants should have two completed reference forms on file sent from KU faculty/instructors. At least one reference should speak to the applicant’s ability in the subject area in which the applicant hopes to tutor. There are three ways for faculty/instructors to submit reference forms which are explained below.
How To Submit A Reference
Option A: Submit the reference via Online Form
Option B: Download the Faculty/Instructor Reference Form (pdf) to your computer, complete the form, save the file, and attach the completed form to an email. Send this email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Option C (Please disregard during the Spring 2020 semester due to operations moving fully online): Print the Faculty/Instructor Reference Form (pdf), complete it by hand, and FAX a copy to Tutoring Services @ (785) 864-2817. Or, place the completed form in an envelope, seal it, and sign across the seal. Send it via Campus Mail to AAAC Tutoring Services, Strong Hall 22
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact AAAC Tutoring Services at (785) 864-7733 or send an email to email@example.com