Knowledge is Power—Share it! Become a Tutor!
Tutoring Services is looking for students who:
- Are professional, patient, and personable
- Are currently enrolled KU students carrying six credit hours or more
- Have a strong desire and enthusiasm to help students learn
- Earned a B or higher in the course selected to tutor (or in a higher level course in the same discipline)
- Are able to commit to 3.0 hours per week, per group, for an entire semester
To Apply to be a Tutor:
Complete and submit the following application materials:
1. Online Application
The online job application can be found on the KU Jobs for Students page. Search by keyword "AAAC Tutor" and then select "Pool - AAAC Tutor Student Hourly/Work Study." Read the job description and click on the textbox "Apply to job." Login with your ID and password. Then, complete and submit your application materials online.
2. Faculty/Instructor Reference Form
Applicants must have two completed reference forms on file sent from KU Faculty/Instructors. Download the Faculty/Instructor Reference Form (pdf).
Once you have downloaded the form, send the form as an e-mail attachment to the Faculty/Instructors who have agreed to serve as references for you. Instructions for reference writers are printed near the top of the form.